Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Signs

I had an interesting moment.
I went to the grocery store- Our lovely H.E.B, for some NYE suff. As I got to the checkout a middle-aged man approached me and said, "Are you Hector? from the Hector, Hector, Hector show.?"

I stammered, "Yes".

"I thought that was you. I loved your show. I was a big big fan. LOVED it. Thank you"

I was stunned. Gerald and I had an actual fan. It's happened before actually- strangely enough RIGHT when Gerald first had the idea to write the current script another man approached me and waxed fanboy goodness about the Hector, Hector Hector Show. I remember calling Gerald and telling him that it was a sign that we were on the right track with the script.

And actually, I think this was Gerald calling me and saying, "Yup, you're on the right track".

For those that might care to know... this was the theme song-- Mind you. This was 1992 on public access and we had NO real equipment- all borrowed.



P.S. That was me playing guitar and G singing.

1 comment:

  1. You are on the right track, HB. And it is so cool you were "spotted"--I'll look for you on access hollywood soon!

    ReplyDelete